Thursday, June 3, 2010

Singing The Garden To My Boy



I discovered this music before my mission. I was singing it to myself the other day and my six year old became interested and asked me who the snake in the grass was. I decided to to sing him the songs from the musical one at a time at bedtime to tell him the beautiful story. I was only able to know the words because I had the sheet music. I think that I liked singing it myself rather than playing a CD because I could be really dramatic for him, articulate the words, stop and explain things, and then ask him question about what he thought along the way. It turned out to be the best bedtime story. He suprised me with his ability to understand the symbolism and guess who the characters really were before I told him. He loved the music and demanded that we not sing only one song, but finish the musical in one sitting. I think I took 2 days to sing it to him. I wouldn't have thought to share this with him at such a young age, but it turned out to be very fun and meaningful. I felt like I was able to sing to him my testimony and give it to him in way that he could hold on to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment